Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend

Thanks for all the answers. I found a snowsuit at Kmart for 50% off. Did lots of shopping over the weekend and saw Australia. It was good. Totally different from what I was expecting but still really good. Plus looking at Hugh Jackman for 3 hours. Yummy!


The best thing that happened over Thanksgiving is I got some new ski boots. I went to the Fuller Ski Swap and picked up some new boots. Tim and Kirsten are the best. So that means I'm all ready to go this winter. So, if anyone wants/needs to go skiing, I'm available. You just have to go to Park City because that is where my pass is at.

So did anyone else get that awesome cookbook at Costco on Friday. If you didn't it was packed with tons of great recipes (230 pages). If you did and you make something from it let me know how it turned out. I want to make everything in the book.

Also I've decided infant toys are way overpriced, especially when I know my kid will just read a book rather than play with his toys. Does anyone have either of these? I'm debating between these two and would love any opinion since I think they are both overpriced and look lame. The only other thing he'll play with besides books are balls.
Also does any one's kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba. There is a guitar that I know Logan would love and I'm debating on the DVD also but don't know anything about the show.
This will probably be my only post of the week since it's going to be busy again. Also I tried to think of topics to post on for this week and my life is just boring. So I'll see you next week.

9 comments:

Katey said...

Ty had both of these and didn't touch either of them. Sorry, not the answer you wanted but there was 2 toys that both of my kids played with.
The first is the Fisher-Price Learning home. It's says its for older kids but they loved to crawl through it and they STILL play with it. It was well worth the $70.
The other is the Leapfrog learning table. It's great once they start to stand up. And it's only $45.

My problem with those infant toys are that they outgrow them and then they are useless. These 2 toys have been great and still get used by my 4 1/2 year old and my 2 year old. So there's my suggestions. Hope it helps!

Melanie said...

Mason has the busy ball popper and LOVES it. It's always the first toy that all of the kids play with when they come to our house, too. I got it for my niece for Christmas for $12.50 on a fabulous sale at Kohls. They have it for 50% off sometimes. If you can find it on a good deal, it would be worth it (especially if Logan likes balls). We have gotten great use out of it.

Melanie said...

I just read the other comment, and I agree about the Leapfrog learning table, too. That's another hit with all of the kids. I actually got ours on ksl for like $15 I think. And it was in perfect condition. I see them on there all the time.

Sheri Wojtasek said...

I had the Busy Ball Popper for my kids and they did like it for a VERY short time....and they were a bit younger than Logan....I bought it at approx 6 months and they were over it by 9 or so months. As far as recommending toys I am kinda outta of the loop a bit most of my toys do lean to the girly side now....I do know that my kids have both enjoyed the multi use train table...it was really quite expesnive but they have played with almost on a daily basis for one thing or another for 2 years and still going strong! My kids catch Yo Gabba Gabba on occasion and all I can say from my perspective is that is was so annoying to me that I could watch it! Good luck!!

Sheri Wojtasek said...

I had the Busy Ball Popper for my kids and they did like it for a VERY short time....and they were a bit younger than Logan....I bought it at approx 6 months and they were over it by 9 or so months. As far as recommending toys I am kinda outta of the loop a bit most of my toys do lean to the girly side now....I do know that my kids have both enjoyed the multi use train table...it was really quite expesnive but they have played with almost on a daily basis for one thing or another for 2 years and still going strong! My kids catch Yo Gabba Gabba on occasion and all I can say from my perspective is that is was so annoying to me that I could watch it! Good luck!!

Kirsten said...

boring schmoring! Your life is anything but! Oh and count me in for a family ski day come February sometime. :)

bevany said...

Have you always been such a big skier, or just since you've been married? Oh and is Tyler G from clogging the one I knew from Spain? Really big...totally funny? I'm no help with boy toys...yet. But blocks are always fun...and cheap. Also my girls loved that little fake piano thing if you can stand listening to it. Yo Gabba Gabba is the weirdest show ever. You either love it or hate it. I've never been able to sit through a whole episode. Seriously though...Hugh Jackman? We must have very different tastes.

a&e drumm said...

Don't do the Yo Gabba Gabba!!!! I watched one episode my Mom had on at her house when babysitting once and I was about ready to tear my hair out after about 5 minutes. I would say just buy one or two cheap toys because like everyone says the attention span for playing with them is not much and to me it is so not worth paying that much for it to not really get played with much.

Anonymous said...

Max got the Ball Popper for Christmas last year and loved it for like a week and then just wanted to play with the balls and not the popper! So I pretty much paid for the balls!!!