Sunday, August 31, 2008
We The Kings - Check Yes Juliet
Caroline Liar - I'm Not Over
Atreyu - Falling Down
I Hate Kate - It's Always Better
My Morning Jacket - Touch Me I'm Going to Scream
I would also like to thank Lucas because he has made me learn to appreciate/tolerate the Jonas Brothers. When I heard their song Burning Up for the quintillionth time, I was reminded of Lucas' quote, "He's warm for her form." So that song totally made sense after that.
Friday, August 29, 2008
I have a bunch of questions and would love it if you'd answer them.
-What is your favorite hike to do in the Wasatch Front area (no Southern Utah/Moab stuff)?
-Is there anything fun happening this weekend (besides Swiss Days)? Curious because we're stuck in town with nothing to do except our awesome Hampton Style Pool Party Monday night.
-What were some of your favorite Young Women activities growing up?
-Any tips on how to actually plan meals and follow through with making them? I usually print a calendar and plan my meals out so I only have to grocery shop once a week but by the 1st or 2nd meal I'm done cooking and fall off the bandwagon. My goal for September is to cook more (it was also my NY Resolution, like every year).
-What tv show are you most looking forward to returning? Mine is Chuck.
-What are some of you favorite exercise videos?
-How do you keep a 10 1/2 month boy sleeping through the night and not waking up at 1:00 AM or 4:00 AM wanting to just get up and play with his toys?The following song came on while driving home from YW the other night. I'm sure I've heard it before but I thought it was so funny I had to share. Totally describes teenage girls and how they think about boys.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I wasn't watching Logan and then he was off dancing with Ginny. He's such a flirt.
Monday, August 25, 2008
This is only a 1/4 of the way up and look how far above Silver Lake we all ready are. It was seriously straight below us.
Here's the whole gang at Twin Lakes.
The dads that had to carry the kids.
How cute is this? Logan fell asleep on the way down. I don't blame him, I was exhausted too.
Friday, August 22, 2008
A little boy around our house is standing more and more on his own. Please help us!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Since I'm so boring, I'll list some things I love right now.
- If you haven't seen the Masterpiece's Jane Austen's Persuasion go rent it. Captain Wentworth (right) knocks the socks off of any Mr. Darcy I've seen. Yummy.
- Next school is starting up again and books are way expensive so I love half.com but even if you aren't in school it's a great place to buy any books or DVDs or CDs. Wish all our money wasn't going to school or I'd pick up a few things.
- Those silly Stephenie Meyer's books are taking up any remaining time I have. Yes, I've read all 4 books but I'm rereading Eclipse right now. So excited for Thanksgiving this year and this might be the first time it's not all about the food (for me).
- I'm so excited for this Friday because I get to find out if I'm getting a new niece or nephew.
- I never thought I'd say this but I'm loving the outdoors. We're going hiking again this Saturday and I'm looking forward to it.
- I love this paper. I think it is so cute and can't wait to get my hands on it.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Logan's no longer the baby in the family.
Also I have to share this because sometimes I really hate my sister-in-law. Her stomach is all ready flatter than mine is and it's been 10 months. Oh, I hate her.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Here's Logan just chillin while we're trying to feed him breakfast. He loves pancakes so after I felt like I'd fed him enough I gave him his own to chew on.
Here he is in the pool with Dad. If the water looks gross trust me it's even grosser in person. So far neither one of them is sick and they have lost any appendages so I think we lucked out.
Now for the part of the trip that I've been wanting to do forever. I finally had an excuse to go see the Spiral Jetty. We went with Brek & Mike's family and Sheri and the Anti-Blogger's family.
On the way to the Spiral Jetty there is The Golden Spike Monument. It was actually a lot cooler than I thought. I think mostly because they have exact replicas of the trains that were there when it all took place.
Here's our family shot in front of the Jetty.
Hiking back to our car because the last little section of the road got a little scary.
I'm so glad I finally got to see this but don't think I'll ever be back since it is so remote and there is NOTHING anywhere near it.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Okay so I've seen a lot of Indian Paintbrush before (that's a certain wildflower for you non-flower people) but I've never been a fan till now. Holy cow, they were bright pink and peach and just everywhere. I've always seen them being more red and never this many in one place. Might be my new favorite wildflower.
Logan loved the hike and just jabbered the whole way.
This shot was while I was trying to set up the camera on a rock to do a family shot but I like how it turned out.
Here's that family shot.
Another family shot but Logan wanted to look at me because I was running to hurry and sit before the timer went off. Yeah he laughed every time because I did look like a dork.
Here is the lake.
This was taken on the side of the road. The photo doesn't look as good online as it does in my files but the hillside is just covered in flowers.
Then the last two are just pictures of the mountains. It was so green it felt like you weren't in Utah.
After we went to BBQ at Aisha's house. It was so funny because I wanted to tell her to take her friend visiting from Maine up there but they were there probably an hour before us at the same exact place. Great minds must think alike.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
- Remember this post where I took pictures of my cousin. Well they used two of my shots for their wedding invites. They used picture #2 and one similar to #6.
- Teisha, Tad's sister is in town and we are going to hang out on Saturday. YEA!
1. What is his name? Tad William Fuller
2. Who eats more? Me, he eats to stay alive, I eat because I can.
3. Who said, "I love you" first? I did.
4. Who is taller? Tad
5. Who is smarter? Me, I don't know, I hate these type of questions.
6. Who is more sensitive? Definetly me.
7. Who does the laundry? Both, he sorts, I pretty much do the rest. Logan helps by getting the clothes out of the baskets and all over the floor.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Tad
9. Who pays the bills? I do but most of it is automatic withdrawal.
10. Who cooks more? Tad but he really just bakes treats.
11. Who is more stubborn? Tad
12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Yikes, not sure on this one.
13. Who has more siblings? He does, he has 4 I have 1.
14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Me even though Tad doesn't wear dresses either.
15. What do you like to do together? yard work, watch tv, play with Logan, go out to eat, we're so boring right now.
16. Who eats more sweets? Depends on what it is.
17. Guilty Pleasures? Coke or stupid computer games like Spider Solitaire or Mindsweeper
18. How did you meet? In American History class in college, I thought he was Teisha's boyfriend.
19. Who asked whom out first? I did, I won tickets to Led Zeppelin
20. Who kissed who first? He did.
21. Who proposed? He did.
22. His best features and qualities? He's just plain hot. He's also super patient and the best dad.
23. Tag you’re it. Who do you tag? Bevany, Amanda, Kirsten and Brek (anyone else who is reading this, do it! I want to hear about your husbands...but those named most definitely have to do it or they will be cursed with bad luck for 5 years (this means you Amber S, blog stalker)).
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
This is probably the worst area of the driveway. It's all weeds, dead grass, that remaining tree trunk and then on the side of the garage is lawn waste, swamp cooler and old riding lawn mower. I want it all gone and by the end of September it will be. There still are some huge logs in our driveway and those might have to stay but everything else will be gone!
See all that crap against our house, that's bark from those huge trees. I want to stack that on the side of garage where the lawn mower and other waste now resides.
This shot doesn't look so bad but trust me there are tons of weeds in that grass and all the rose bushes need to be trimmed.
Yikes! I'm really not looking forward to this project but I told myself in January it would be our first project for the yard. I might have to dig up some pictures when there was even more bark crap because it seriously covered this whole section at least 3 feet deep everywhere.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Okay, here is the worst thing I did at camp (according to the YW). I was almost done with New Moon and Dana wanted to start it since she skipped it. So I cut my $6.86 book. No biggie and I thought it was nice that way we both could read it and not have to wait. I'll just duct tape it back together when she's done with it.
Then here are biffy (aka porta potties) hats. You wear these hats when you go to the biffys so you have an air freshener right at your nose. These ones were pretty fancy because they had some bling attaching the air freshener.
Monday, August 4, 2008
We went to Monte Cristo, and it's absolutely gorgeous up there. It's really remote and I've been stuck in some horrible rain/thunderstorms but the weather was perfect this time and I drove in so no yucky hiking and I wasn't 8 months pregnant this year. Yea!!!
Meisha just changed her hair color and I absolutely love it. I wish I could pull it off. Our theme for camp was Sweet is the Work, so it was all about a candy theme. One ward who is way too creative had a life size cut out of Zac Efron with a note that said "Eye Candy." I was laughing so hard when we found it that I had to go back and get a picture with it. The girls didn't seem too interested in going but man it was hard to drag them away from him when we were there. Here is our group, we were red for individual worth. Our candy bar was a Look candy bar. So we got the girls red sunglasses.
One of my favorite things at camp was that they had boondoggle. To me that is what made this camp an official summer camp. Also Tad's done some really cool ones so I think there should be an official 1st Ward Boondoggle Club. I nominate Tad as the president.
Then I left a little early from camp to go to my WX 10 year reunion. I'm glad I went. People I was excited to see I wish I hadn't talked to and then people I wasn't that good of friends with in high school I wish I had been better friends with because they were fun to talk to. I guess I'm just glad it's only every 10 years and next time I'll just expect the worst or skip it.
Then it only seemed fitting to go wait in line at Walmart for a teenager book about vampires. We were like 400 something in line. It was a lot of fun and I'm loving the book.
The rest of my weekend was spent abandoning my child while I stayed in bed reading the book. I'm half way through it.
Okay so all the funny pictures I loved from girl's camp won't post so I'll have to tweak them and post some more tomorrow. Be prepared for the biffy hats, the worst thing I did at camp and just my favorite picture I took. The girl's would be so proud I didn't take any "nature photos."