Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cranberry Delight

Okay so we are probably all going to be cooking like crazy the next couple of days. I thought I'd post one of my favorite things we usually have at Thanksgiving.

Cranberry Delight
1 lb. pkg. fresh raw cranberries, chopped*
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 pt. heavy cream, whipped
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 package small marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 (6 oz.) pkg. raspberry jell-o
Mix chopped cranberries and sugar. Chill for 2 hours. Combine whipped cream, vanilla, walnuts and marshmallows and add to the cranberry mixture. Chill another 2 hours. Dissolve jell-o set. When slightly thicken fold in mixture of cranberries, whipped cream and walnuts. This can be made the day before. Serves 12-15.
*You can replace this ingredient with 2 cans whole cranberries but then only use 1/2 cup of sugar. Also to chop them you can put in the blender.

1 comment:

Sheri Wojtasek said...

I don't have to cook for this Thanksgiving but I think I will try this for a Christmas party or two! It seems "sheri easy" :o)