Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ana-White

Last night while sitting around the campfire cooking smores with some girlfriends the subject of home décor came up (along with other topics that will never be mentioned ANYWHERE). I was telling them about this site I love to look at Ana-White. It recently changed web addresses and got a huge face lift. Ana White lives in Alaska and she’s an engineer turned BAHM (build at home mom) that loves to take designer furniture and create easy to use plans that anyone can build their own furniture.

I’ll admit when I first was checking out her site it seemed like lots of the finished projects were cheesy and poorly done. I honestly believe it was just bad photos now. Since her site has grown the photos and the projects have gotten so much better.

Some day I hope to have this desk built by Tad in my scraproom (yep it’s just like Pottery Barns). Yes that photo is an actual desk built from her plans.

I’ll admit I don’t think her site is very well organized but it’s better from her old site. So check it out there might be something you might want to try. The best way to see all plans is click on "Plan Catalog."

Below are links of items I’d love to make

This outdoor sectional (not sure where I’d store it in the winter)

I so want a single lounger like this. The thing that kept me from making it is how expensive the cushions are.

This kid’s kitchen is so cute. Too bad there is no need for it in my house.

The Farmhouse Bed – I so want to replace the oak bed we have with this.
Also totally unrelated but HWTM has a cute free Thanksgiving download. Proceeds go to Operation Give Thanks.

1 comment:

Sheri Wojtasek said...

Thanks for hosting a much needed night out! It was just what my soul ordered!