Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Surprise Brek!

Saturday we had a surprise pampering party for Brek. She's expecting her 3rd boy. I knew that Brek hasn't been enjoying being pregnant so much (who does?), so we planned a fun day for her.

Well I'm not a spa type person so I couldn't figure out what to do. Brittany was in charge of planning the menu since her food is always amazing. She made her taco soup. I made preggatinis. For the recipe go here.
Everyone was teasing me because everything I do right now comes from a blog. It's totally true. Part of the reason I wanted to do this shower was so I could do some decorations. Right now I'm totally into pennant garlands and tissue paper pom poms. Right now if you look at any party/wedding blogs you'll find them there.
So for these ideas I'll just give you links to two of my favorite blogs that I check daily.
Then I threw together these gift bags that I saw on Flickr from one of my favorite scrapbookers, Tara Anderson. She seriously does the most amazing paper flowers ever. Here is a link to her adorable gift bags or check out her blog for more amazing ideas - the pink couch.We also did glitter toes. No I'm not going to give you a shot of feet, that's gross. This idea I first got from Aisha. Then I saw instructions posted on one of my favorite blogs that I began checking out for YW stuff but now read every day just because the writer is so creative. So for instructions on glitter toes go here. Oh and I so wasn't going to post this picture but it's the only one I have of people. Don't hate. We also made Heather Bailey Fabric Flowers. I read her site all the time but I found out from her site she was on Studio 5 and that is where I took her fabric flower tutorial. So there you go, those are all the details for the shower, I'm not creative at all I just look at too many blogs.
Now I have to go because I need to get back to my Mr. Darcy.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm sure you've heard of this blog--I love all of the fun party ideas.

www.hostesswiththemostess.com

BTW--thanks for the fun goodie bag. :)

Sheri Wojtasek said...

Oh how I missed a great shindig! Darn swine!

bevany said...

Sounds like fun. Everything you do is so cute..even if it does come from a blog :)

Brek said...

Hey will you send me the pictures from that day? I need some for my P365, but I thought they would be fun to scrap, too.

Terah Wood Doane said...

The party was so much fun. You are my hero Sabrina. YOU are the "hostest with the mostest!"