Sunday, January 25, 2009
- Enter time weekly - failing miserably
- Pack more lunches
- Decorate my office - I finally know what I want to do now I just need to do it. You really should see how pathetic and bare my office is.
- Read Doctrine & Covenants
- Learn 4 new hymns on the piano - stole this one from Brittany
- Finish side of driveway - Remember August POTM, uggh!
- Cook more often
- More parties
- Grow a plant from seed and plant it in the yard - I'll be starting this in February
- Cook two meals by dutch oven
- Continue hikes as a family
- 2 camping trips as a family (can't include Ward Campout or Family Reunion)
- Finish our Utah 16
- Lose 30 lbs. - started P90, now just waiting for my dang P90X DVDs to get here from China
- Handmade cards for each family member's birthday - All ready failed on this one because I missed Debbie's birthday but hopefully the dinner I had for her will make up for that.
- Make the Weekender Bag
- Go to the library - haven't been there since high school, well for books - I went last fall to vote.
- 1 craft/project per month - this month I'm working on a punch needle pattern
- Keep scraproom clean - I've found keeping it clean actually gets me scrapping more
- Project 365 -I have the kit, thanks to Brek. Now I just need to do some pages for it and continue taking pictures no matter how boring my life is.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I wanted to make a shirt for Logan but of course ran out of time. Here is the shirt I wanted to make.
Also there have been a lot of changes going on at our house. I don't have my list of resolutions right here but I'll have to get those posted. Right now I'm probably really cranky because of the new diet and having to cook rather than eat out. I'll give more details on this diet when I post the resolutions. This is only day 2 of said diet.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Here's the whole crew. I really liked the colors they wore. Latesa's nephew D.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Also I've been wanting to buy a bunch of fabric. I recently purchased this book and can't wait till I make one of these bags. There is the cutest picnic bag made out of a astro turf and lined with a vinyl tablecloth. Most of the bags require no or very little sewing. They use staples and duct tape for a lot of them so they should totally be ones I could do.
I also read a really cheesy romance novel in just 3 days. I'm too embarrassed to share the name but it was so good and I'd recommend it to everyone but it's out of print. It was good though. Now I'm reading Pride & Prejudice. I read it in high school and hated it but since I love the movies I figured I need to give it a second chance. So far I'm loving it.
Monday, January 12, 2009
1 10 oz. package penne pasta
7 oz. Buitoni Pesto w/basil
6 oz. Feta Cheese
1 3.8 oz. packaged sliced olives
1 bottle buttermilk ranch dressing
1 package of cherry tomatoes
1 package Fresh Baby Spinach (I usually just use half of a package)
Cook pasta. Mix pasta, pesto, feta, olives, cherry tomatoes and dressing. Put in the refridgerator to chill. When it's time to serve, mix in the spinach.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Here is a recipe that is so good and simple to make.
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter (no substitute)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips*
In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Mix until fluffy. Gradually add the sugars, mixing only until the sugars are combined with the mixture.
Chop 3/4 of the chocolate chips into very small pieces. Carefully fold the small pieces into the cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
Just before serving remove the cream cheese mixture from the fridge. Roll the cream cheese mixture into a ball. Serve with graham cracker sticks.
*Chocolate chips can be substituted for Heath candy and it is just as good or better.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
We did a lot of things while on the break.
- Watched a million and one episodes of Thomas.
- Played some Guitar Hero
- Cleaned and organized the house including the scary closet under the stairs. It looks amazing now.
- Went sledding.
- Shopped after Christmas for Christmas ornaments. I now have 3 trees I could decorate. I can't wait for my silver, red and green tree for next year.
- Ate way too much food.
- Hung out on NYE with the Maughans and Evans. Maughans you guys need to move back right now because it's probably too much teasing for Mark trying to pack in the whole year of razzing in one night. It's a good thing he's worked for Satan so he can take it.
- Watched the Utes win the game.
- Tad hurt his knee skiing but should be back on the slopes this weekend. It was nice to have help in church today
- Cleaned my scrap room and actually scrapbooked. I don't think I've honestly scrapbooked in 2 years (The scrapbook for Teisha doesn't count because I didn't get to keep it.) I put it in red because that is just huge if you saw how big of a mess this room was.