Saturday, May 31, 2008
The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go
The Ting Tings - Great DJ
Against Me! - Thrash Unreal
Switches - Drama Queen
MGMT - Time to Pretend
Metro Station - Shake It
Weezer - Pork and Beans
Interpol - Evil
Flogging Molly - Requiem for a Dying Song (Erin you'll like this, they're from Ireland, they're kind of like Celtic punk rock music)) (Dad you might like this song because it has an accordion but it's no Lawrence Welk)
Bravery - Believe
Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good
Alicia Keys - No One
William Shatner - Common People
Timbaland - The Way I Are
Yael Naim - New Soul
Madonna/Justin Timberlake - 4 Minutes to Save the World
Jesse McCartney - Leavin' (I know super lame that I like this song)
Tad will laugh at this and be shocked. I actually like Nirvana now. I think now that I'm listening to XM and not X96 where they play the same 2 Nirvana songs over and over, XM plays some songs I've never heard so I like those ones. I guess I need to find out what the song titles are.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Now the fun begins with Logan in the office. He needs to eat but there are too many distractions. So food all over my pants and all over him. Then he decides to poop. Yea for a little wiggle worm that he is, this is a very difficult task. Got poop on his undershirt so had to change that. Finally the coast is clear so I can have Teisha drive down to my office to pick up Logan. Man am I tired and I still have a full day of work left.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
I'll try to post tomorrow if I make it into work. Some idiot (that's putting it nicely) is coming into town tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get to work since said idiot is visiting some church officials and that will close our parking garage.
Friday, May 23, 2008
1) Logan is crawling and he is into EVERYTHING! It was so nice when he was not mobile and would sit and just play without pulling on cords, turning on the xbox, bumping into everything, hang off of the dishwasher door and eating anything dropped on the floor.
2) They have built a crane right outside of my office window and it's been very distracting. I'll have to load a picture next week. You probably won't find it cool but I've loved watching it just hoping none of the construction guys fall over 12 stories.
Tad's birthday was good. We went to Firehouse on Friday and then watched the lame Jazz game. Saturday he went kayaking with Tim and I had packed them breakfast and lunch full of his favorite junk foods. Saturday night a BBQ at my parents and he got his gifts. Monday we were supposed to do a FFF (Fuller Family Function) but no one checked their emails so we'll postpone it. Instead Tad got to watch his Gossip Girl (he'll kill me for writing that).
Since nothing exciting has happened I thought I'd share some cool things I've found.
On 2peas they have a 12 week course on creating an album for baby's first year. It includes free downloads, instruction, tips and you can go at your own pace.
I've been checking Pioneer Woman's Photography section because they have been having more and more tip on how to improve your photography. Also one of my all time favorite photographers, Jessica Claire, has started to post over there. Today's post is on ISO's and it great for those just learning or a refresher.
Below are some thing I totally love right now.
Anything with polka dots.
1. Walk the sky.., 2. Merry, 3. new*shoes, 4. flower cupcakes 2462, 5. Untitled, 6. Polka dots.., 7. Untitled, 8. welcome to holland, 9. Legend
Love this band especially this song. They play them a lot on XM Radio (that and Miley Cyrus, I swear she has her own channel).
I love this wall color and totally think that one day I'm going to paint my scrap room this color and maybe even do the same desk color. Photo taken by not quite vintage.
Totally loving Flickr right now. There is so much inspiration on there and the most amazing photographers. Here is a link to my favorites on there.
I'm totally lovin' Google Reader. Just load all the blogs you check and it lets you know when they are updated without having to go there everyday. Love it.
I love anything that is a damask print.
Finally like Grey's Anatomy again. Too bad it's over till the Fall/Winter. Was I the only one that thought quite a few of the new couples last night were very weird/awkward (Alex being the weirdest). The only couple I thought was really sweet was the chief and I finally like McDreamy again.Totally loving all the flowers around the Temple. They're throwing them away this week and I've been trying everything to figure out a way to steal a garbage bag of their flowers. I even tried to recruit my dad into grabbing a bag and running it to my car.
Any craft projects that uses buttons. This one was done by Elsie.
Let me know what you guys are lovin' right now.
And that's all she wrote. I'll try to be a better blogger next week. Have a great weekend!
Friday, May 16, 2008
- He is an awesome softball player and he has good sportsmanship.
- He loves eating orange sherbet floats.
- He is such a great dad. He has changed more diapers than I have.
- He is super patient. Hello he's still married to me and when Logan is being a pill he has a lot more patience than me.
- He loves to play with all his nieces and nephews. I knew he'd be a great dad by how good he was with them.
- He is a great skier.
- When I was pregnant I was super cranky and demanding. He helped out so much and there is no way I could have gotten through it without him.
- He's a peacemaker.
- He cooks quite a bit. It's nothing fancy but it helps me a lot when I hate cooking.
- Tad is a Guitar Hero/Rock Band Super Star.
- He never grumbles when I want to take his picture.
- Tad is super mellow and doesn't get upset about hardly anything.
- He's a Ute fan.
- He watches tv with me even when that requires watching super cheesy sitcoms and chick flicks. He doesn't even complain too much. There are even a couple cheesy sitcoms he likes.
- When I was pregnant with Logan he would call me at work when he would see a cute baby or if he saw some commercial with babies that moved him. I thought it was so sweet because he really was so excited to be a dad.
- He loves teaching kids how to ski. He is so patient with them and not just because he gets to do this with them every Saturday.
- When I started skiing I really didn't want to and Tad would get all my ski clothes and equipment out for me. He still does that for me.
- I love that we share the same beliefs most of the time. I'm talking more about our political beliefs and just life in general.
- Tad is very polite. He is a big advocate of please and thank you.
- He loves the outdoors - anything from kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, hiking or rock climbing.
- He does our laundry.
- Once we were trying to save money so Tad went on the Ramon diet. He ate Ramon all the time, it wasn't my idea he just wanted to because he loves it and he actually lost 10 lbs doing it (don't ask my how because I would have thought he would retain water because of all the sodium).
- He helps me out in the yard even though he has horrible allergies.
- He knows everything there is to know about Star Wars.
- Tad is so funny. He is usually pretty shy but when he gets to know you he will have some real zingers.
- Tad can watch a movie once and 3 years later he'll quote some line from it. He is totally full of useless pop culture references but sometimes they come in handy.
- I don't think there is anything that scares the guy. (I actually think this trait is in the Fuller DNA)
- Take the most easy going person you know and multiply that by 10. Then you will have Tad.
- In the almost 8 years I've been married to Tad he has shown me to like a lot of things I thought I would never like ie. McDonald's, skiing, AFI, Coke and American Gladiator.
- He gets along great with my friends and now I think they probably like Tad more than me.
- He has never criticized anything I have ever done from my weight, appearance, being a wife, parenting and the list could go on and on.
- If I hear a scary noise in the house he'll always investigate it for me.
Happy Birthday Tad! I hope today is a good one and your Jazz win tonight. I was nice and didn't mention how old you are but if you look carefully it won't be hard for others to figure it out.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
- Abandoned shopping carts scattered all around RP that are no where near grocery stores. I always wonder what was the purpose of taking the cart? Who took it? Does Smith's/Albertson's have a cart roundup once a month to get all their lost carts?
- The bright colored houses and businesses. Nothing says home like a bright pink and purple painted house.
- Garbage piles. I don't know how their garbage pick ups work but there are always huge piles of garbage by the curb. I'm always amazed by how much garbage these houses have. Also is it bad that I always scout out the piles to see if there is something really cool? Don't worry I've never found anything cool in them.
- There was an old man crossing the street at North Temple and 900 West and he was wearing a Davy Crocket hat. At first I thought okay not so weird if he actually skinned the raccoon himself and made the hat but no it was faux raccoon skin. He also had a medium sized knife hooked to his belt or I might have taken a picture.
- Taco carts. I love taco carts and the food they serve. If you haven't tried a taco cart I dare you to. Yum!
- Carts in general. There are people selling stuff in carts all through out the neighborhoods. Debbie says that a corn cart comes through their neighborhood quite regularly. I keep telling Debbie she needs to make a mani/pedi cart and get some extra money.
- The assortment of businesses in the area. They have way cooler strip malls than anywhere else. Where else can you get some smokes, raw meat, tacos and baby clothes?
- Home of Hector's Baby Clothes. Logan actually has some things from there. My favorite hat of his is from Hector's.
The one sad thing about RP is I couldn't find one photo on Flickr that was taken in RP.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I'm so sad that all the tv shows are going away because I love them all. It's also good because now I won't be a couch a potato. Also did anyone watch American Gladiators. I know it is so trashy but I love it, especially Titan.
I can't post without pictures so here is a picture of our house before we got rid of our trees. I can't tell you how much better I sleep now that they are gone and I don't worry about them falling on our house or our neighbors. Also the mini van isn't mine it's Teisha's.
Here is a during photo. There was sawdust everywhere. I can't do an after because our house is still just as gross with all the construction on our street, there is dust everywhere. Gross.
I'll try to have a more interesting post tomorrow. Tonight is YW/YM so that is always interesting and I'm sure I'll have something funny to share.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Candice Stringham has also done some cute ones.
Also some other things that I'm inspired by are these.
Love these camera cases
Monday, May 12, 2008
- Ensign Peak
- This is the Place Monument
- Silver Lake in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Spiral Jetty
- Kennecott Copper Mine
- Golden Spike Museum
- Cascade Springs
- Red Butte Gardens
- Antelope Island
Also let me know of any fun unique places to visit that are a quick weekend getaway. We're doing our annual Yellowstone trip but I'm hoping in the Fall, Tad will want to go to Moab.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Well ever since that garden class all I can think about is gardening. Well I was sick Sunday and I can't do yard work on Sunday anyways. Well this is what I did instead.
Yes this drawing is to scale and it also has a vellum overlay that is the legend to what each of the flowers are. Yes I am a total nerd. I'm hoping I'm feeling better by Saturday so I can start making this drawing come to life. It will involve plenty of manual labor so if anyone wants to do some serious digging show up at our house.
Here is that picture I wanted to post of Logan that looks like Acelin is pinching him. Or maybe he's just realizing that both of his parents are total nerds.
Friday, May 2, 2008
I went to two different garden lectures this week. One was super depressing and on ponds. If you don't know we have a 1/2 acre lot and we found a pond in our yard (it was buried). So we dug it out and never filled it with water. Well I thought this would be the year. After going to this class it's in the worst possible place (shade and below trees) so I've decided to bury it. :(
The second lecture was with Joy In the Garden. I loved it. It was so fun to go to a garden lecture and everyone knew a ton about gardening so it wasn't you basic beginner questions. This one was also depressing because I thought I could take our huge pile of tree mulch that is probably 10'x4 and 4 feet high and mix it into our clay soil. Nope, if I do that it will turn our plants yellow and probably kill them. But still I'm totally on a gardening kick and that is all I want to do this weekend. I'm also hoping to go organic because I never knew all the damage that Miracle Grow does.
Then while looking at Joy's site I saw something called a CSA (Community Share Agriculture). You pay money now and then each week (for 18 weeks) you get a box of vegetables. I think I'm totally going to sign up for it because last year my goal was to go to the Farmer's Market all the time. Yea, I never made it. Also I found that my friend growing up does this and his is the most reasonably priced one. So check out East Farms.
Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day and tons of sites are having crops on their website and free kits and classes and tons of stuff. I'm also having a crop at my house that I'm excited about. If you aren't going to my crop (or before mine) you should check out Heartland because they have some make n' takes. Also check out 2peas because they've got different things planned for every hour.
Also for those outdoorsy people out there that most likely aren't reading this. There is a kayak swap tomorrow (5/3) from 9-1. It's at the Open Classroom at 134 D Street in the Avenues of SLC. We're going to check that out.
Now for some terrible news. For Tad's upcoming birthday his mom got him a cell phone. Some of you might not know that I totally hate cell phones so I keep teasing Tad that we might have to go through marriage counseling to get through this hard time.